#Veteran Events & Announcements 6/18 to 7/2
You can get a monthly view of events by going to:
You can also find many other veteran events & information for Veterans on the State of MI Veterans website & Detroit Public Televisions' new Veterans website:
"Metro Airport Freedom Center Needs Volunteers" Freedom Center military lounge at Detroit Metro Airport is looking for 50 - 75 new volunteers. The new volunteers will primarily staff the Freedom Center facility that will be opening at the North Terminal before the end of the year, however we also still need a few volunteers to work at the flagship Freedom Center at the McNamara Terminal. Volunteer duties include (but are not limited to), greeting guests, general light cleaning, stocking of snacks and beverages, logging donations, and assisting guests with questions and needs. Please visit our website at www.mifreedomcenter.org to find out more about volunteering at the Freedom Center, and to download an application.
"Buddy-2-Buddy Job Fairs" See attached for a complete listing of the B2B job fairs in Michigan for the month of June.
"Thursday, June 18, 2015" The Disabled Veterans of America is hosting an all veterans career fair at Ford Field, 2000 Brush, Detroit, from 11AM till 3PM. There will be plenty of companies now hiring. For more info see flyer.
"Saturday, June 20, 2015" New Baltimore VFW Post 7573 is hosting their annual golf outing at Michigan Meadows, 4575 County Line Rd, Casco, with an 8AM shotgun start. Cost is $80 per person and includes 18 holes of golf, lunch, dinner, etc. For more info contact them at 586-557-4380.
"Saturday, June 20, 2015" Eastpointe Cruisin' Gratiot - at Michigan First Credit Union on Gratiot. Gathering of Veterans/Roush VIP program/USS Detroit Commissioning events Signup....from approximately 11am-7pm; attached is the ad appearing in the Program Book, for the USS Detroit
"Tuesday, June 23, 2015" The Ann Arbor VA Hospital is hosting a Veterans Town Hall & Resource Fair at the U of M-Flint Campus, Kiva & Happenings Room, 303 E Kearsley St, Flint, from 6 to 9PM. For more info see flyer.
"Wednesday, June 24, 2015 (NEW)" Wayne County Commissioner Diane Webb is hosting her 4th annual Veterans & Caretakers Event at VFW Post 345, 27345 Schoolcraft, Redford, from 4:30 till 7PM. Guess speaker is Troy Schielein of VCAT. For more info call 313-224-0930 or see flyer.
"Friday, June 26, 2015" Operation Yellow Ribbon is hosting a Karaoke for a Kause & Talent Show at the DAV Hall, 47326 Dequindre, Shelby Twp, from 7 till 11PM. A $10 donation is requested, and it will feature door prizes, 50/50 raffle, etc. All prceeds benefit Operation Yellow Ribbon. For more information call Peggy at 248-425-2722 or see flyer.
"Friday, June 26, 2015 (NEW)" First State Bank is hosting a Honor our Heroes event at several of their branches in Macomb County from 11:30AM till 1:30PM. Free lunch, free tickets to several vet items, etc. For a listing of locations see flyer.
"Sunday, June 28, 2015" The Ride to the North Wall will host its 20th annual ride to North Wall in Windsor honoring those Canadians they died serving in the US Armed Forces in Vietnam, starting at 9:30AM at the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 594 in Tecumseh, ON, and ending at the wall in Windsor. All riders are invited to attend! For more info contact them at 519-256-6797 or see flyer.
"Sunday, June 28, 2015 (NEW)" Cash for Bass is hosting their 12 annual Monster Quest fishing tournament in St Clair Shores to support several local veteran orgs in St Clair Shores. For more info call 248-240-5245 or see flyer.
"Sunday, June 28, 2015" The Montford Point Marines are hosting their annual Heritage Military Banquet at 6PM at Shriners Silver Garden Event Center, 24350 Southfield Rd, Southfield. Guest speakers are Lt Gen Willie Williams (USMC) and Theodore R Britton, Honorary General Consul to the Republic of Albania. Tickets are $55 amd maybe ordered by calling 313-300-0185 or visiting their website. Please RSVP by June 15th. See flyer for more information.And from our friends at the VFW:
- June 18th, Thursday 5:00 p.m. – VFW 2645 Southfield – "Classic Car Show". Post 2645 is located at 24222 W. Nine Mile Road in Southfield 48033.
- June 18th, Thursday 6:15 p.m. – VFW 4156 White Lake – "BINGO". VFW 4156 is located at 321 Union Lake Road in White Lake 48386. Pho.ne 248-698-8302.
- June 18th, Thursday 6:00 p.m. – Old Settlers VFW 4659 Shelby Twp. – "EUCHRE". Doors open at 6:00 p.m. Play starts at 7:00 p.m. Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Coney Dogs, French Fries and Chili available. Post 4659 is located at 8311 Wilson in Shelby Twp. 48316. Phone (586) 781-9109.
- June 19th, Friday 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. – Bruce Post 1146 St. Clair Shores – "CRUISING AT THE BRUCE". Classic Car Show. NO Entry Fee! NO Spectator Fee! Food Available for purchase. Bruce Post 1146 is located at 28404 Jefferson Avenue in St. Clair Shores. Just North of 11 Mile Road.8. June 19th, Friday 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. – VFW 1669 Royal Oak – "BURGER & FRIES for $5.50". Happy Hour from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! Tell your Family & Friends. Post 1669 is located at 214 E. 4th Street in Downtown Royal Oak, just 2 blocks East of Main Street. Phone (248) 541-9846.
- June 19th, Friday 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. – VFW 1370 Pontiac – "Burger's- $4 w/ fries $5, Devil Dog- $3 w/ fries $4; bacon wrapped "Koegel" hot dog, beans, fresco cheese, and all the fixings including devil sauce, VFW 1370 is located at 791 Mae Court in Pontiac 48340. Phone (248) 858-9501.10. June 19th, Friday 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. – VFW 1669 Royal Oak – "KARAOKE IN THE CLUBROOM". Post 1669 is located at 214 E. 4th Street in Downtown Royal Oak, just 2 blocks East of Main Street. Phone (248) 541-9846.11. June 20th, Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. – VFW 334 Lake Orion – "OPEN MEMORIAL EVENT". VFW 334 is sponsoring an "Open Memorial Event" at the Orion Veterans Memorial located on Lapeer Road (M-24) at the corner of Odanah Street in Lake Orion. Parking is available at the memorial and in the parking lot South of the memorial. Free Coffee & Donuts in the Morning. Free Coffee & Cookies in the Afternoon. This is "OPEN TO THE PUBLIC", so bring your Family including Children & Friends.12. June 21st, Sunday – "HAPPY FATHER'S DAY".
-- Tim Wirkus Volunteer Southfield Veterans' Commission email@example.com www.southfieldvets.org