#Veteran Events & Announcements 4/2 to 4/16
You can get a monthly view of events by going to:
You can also find many other veteran events & information for Veterans on the State of MI Veterans website & Detroit Public Televisions' new Veterans website:
"40th Anniversary of Fall of Saigon" Detroit Public Television (Channel 56) will be running at 9PM a special on this historic event. There will also be public showing at a number of places in the tri-county area. For information on where these screening will take place visit their website. If you would like to see a trailer of this film you can visit this special website.
"Saturday, April 4, 2015" American Legion Post 32 Riders are presenting their Spring Comedy Kick Start at their post, 9318 Newburgh Rd, Livonia, with doors opening at 6PM for cocktails & dinner, show at 7:30. Advance tickets are $30 per person, none sold at the door. Dinner includes primo pasta dinner, salad, dessert buffet, etc. For more info contact Trish at 734-858-7956 or see flyer.
"Tuesday, April 7, 2015" The City of Southfield Human Services Department, along with Training & Treatment Innovations, are hosting on the first Tuesday of each month, 1PM till 3PM, coordination & assistance to veterans & their families who are homeless or at risk of being homeless. You do not need to be a Southfield resident to get assistance. For assistance contact the city at 248-796-4546 or see flyer.
"Friday, April 10, 2015" Neighborhood Legal Services of Michigan is presenting assistance to homeless veterans on child support, expungements, tickets, etc., from 9AM till Noon at the VA Hospital in Detroit. You must make a reservation by calling 313-576-1000, ext 65537. See flyer for more info.
"Thursday, April 16, 2015" The Southfield Veterans' Commission is hosting its annual Veterans Informational Seminar at the Southfield City Hall, 26000 Evergreen, Southfield, starting at 12PM. Topics covered will include Survivor Benefits, Education, Burial, & other benefits. Free to all. For more info see flyer.And from our friends at the VFW:
- April 2nd, Thursday 6:15 p.m. – VFW 4156 White Lake – "BINGO". OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! VFW 4156 is located at 321 Union Lake Road in White Lake 48386. Phone 248-698-8302.
- April 2nd, Thursday 6:00 p.m. – Old Settlers VFW 4659 Shelby Twp. – "EUCHRE". Doors open at 6:00 p.m. Play starts at 7:00 p.m. Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Coney Dogs, French Fries and Chili available. Post 4659 is located at 8311 Wilson in Shelby Twp. 48316. Phone (586) 781-9109.
- April 3rd, "GOOD FRIDAY"
- April 3rd, Friday 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. – Bruce VFW Post 1146 St. Clair Shores. "FINAL FRIDAY FISH FRY DINNER and OTHER DINNERS". Every Friday until April 3, 2015. Senior & Children's Menu. Extras and Sides Available. Carry Outs available. "OPEN TO THE PUBLIC". Invite your Family & Friends. Bruce Post 1146 is located at 28404 Jefferson Avenue in St. Clair Shores. Just North of 11 Mile Road on the water side.
- April 3rd, Friday 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Menge VFW 6756 Center Line – "FINAL FRIDAY FISH FRY DINNER". OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! Post 6756 is located at 25500 Sherwood Avenue in Warren 48091. Phone (586) 756-6756.
- April 3rd, Friday 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. – Shafer-Rachelle VFW 6782 Eastpointe – "FINAL FRIDAY FISH FRY DINNER". ALL YOU CAN EAT SMELT for $9, 3 piece Cod for $9, Mini Combo (1 cod & 3 shrimp) for $7. All dinners include French Fries or Mac & Cheese, Coleslaw, Roll & Butter and Coffee. Dessert are provided by Volunteers and are first come first served and limit to one per person. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! Post 6782 is located at 17645 Nine Mile Road in Eastpointe. Located between Gratiot & Kelly. Phone (586) 777-4040.
- April 3rd, Friday 4:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. – VFW 6802 Richmond – "ALL YOU CAN EAT FISH FRY DINNER". NEW PRICES! Adults are $10. Children 5-12 $5. Children 4 and Under Free. Carry Outs available. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! VFW 6802 is located at 34339 32 Mile Road in Richmond 48062. Phone (586) 727-1436.
- April 3rd, Friday 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – VFW 7573 New Baltimore – "FINAL FISH FRY DINNER". Includes Fish, French Fries, Coleslaw and Dessert for $8. Carry Outs available. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! Post 7573 is located at 35011 23 Mile Road in New Baltimore. Phone (586) 725-7100.
- April 3rd, Friday 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. – VFW 1370 Pontiac – "Burger's- $4 w/ fries $5, Devil Dog- $3 w/ fries $4; bacon wrapped "Koegel" hot dog, beans, fresco cheese, and all the fixings including devil sauce, VFW 1370 is located at 791 Mae Court in Pontiac 48340. Phone (248) 858-9501.13. April 3rd, Friday 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. – VFW 1669 Royal Oak – "KARAOKE IN THE CLUBROOM". Post 1669 is located at 214 E. 4th Street in Downtown Royal Oak, just 2 blocks East of Main Street. Phone (248) 541-9846.14. April 5th, "EASTER SUNDAY"
- April 5th, Sunday 6:15 p.m. – VFW 4156 White Lake – "BINGO". VFW 4156 is located at 321 Union Lake Road in White Lake 48386. Phone 248-698-8302.
- April 6th, Monday 6:15 p.m. – Bruce Post 1146 St. Clair Shores – "MONDAY BINGO". Doors Open at 5:00 p.m. Bingo starts at 6:15 p.m. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! Sponsored by Dad Club #193. BRUCE POST 1146 is located at 28404 Jefferson Avenue in St. Clair Shores. Just North of 11 Mile Road.
-- Tim Wirkus Volunteer Southfield Veterans' Commission email@example.com www.southfieldvets.org