#Veteran Events & Announcements 6/11 to 6/25
You can get a monthly view of events by going to:
You can also find many other veteran events & information for Veterans on the State of MI Veterans website & Detroit Public Televisions' new Veterans website:
"Metro Airport Freedom Center Needs Volunteers" Freedom Center military lounge at Detroit Metro Airport is looking for 50 - 75 new volunteers. The new volunteers will primarily staff the Freedom Center facility that will be opening at the North Terminal before the end of the year, however we also still need a few volunteers to work at the flagship Freedom Center at the McNamara Terminal. Volunteer duties include (but are not limited to), greeting guests, general light cleaning, stocking of snacks and beverages, logging donations, and assisting guests with questions and needs. Please visit our website at www.mifreedomcenter.org to find out more about volunteering at the Freedom Center, and to download an application.
"Buddy-2-Buddy Job Fairs" See attached for a complete listing of the B2B job fairs in Michigan for the month of June.
"Friday, June 12, 2015" The Michigan Military Technical & Historical Society is hosting its 4th annual Free Cruise In at their museum, located at 16600 Stevens, East Pointe, from 4 to 8PM. For more info call them at 586-872-2581 of see the flyer.
"Friday, June 12, 2015" The Detroit VA Hospital Legal Center, along with Neighborhood Legal Services of Michigan, is hosting assistance for homeless veterans legal clinic at the Hospital, 4646 John R, Detroit, from 9AM till Noon. Covered with be child support, expungements, tickets, etc. You must reserve your spot by calling 313-576-1000, ext 65537. See flyer for more details.
"Friday, June 12, 2015" Join American House, located at 33433 Schoenherr Rd, Sterling Hgts, at 11:30AM for a Flag Raising ceremony to celebrate Flag Day. There will be music, hot dogs, etc. For more info call them at 586-486-3587 or see flyer.
"Saturday, June 13, 2015" The Troy VFW Post 4037 is hosting a golf outing at Somerset Park Golf Course to provide funds to Camp Trotter. Cost is $35 each and includes 9 holes of golf and a team cart with lunch afterwards. For more information see flyer.
"Saturday, June 13, 2015" The South Vietnam Disabled Veterans residing in Vietnam are having a fund-raiser hosted by the Vietnamese American Association of Michigan, S Vietnam Veterans & Former Civil Servants, at the Bellagio Banquet Hall, 4100 E 14 Mile, Warren, from 7PM to 1AM. Special entertainment includes musical performances and dances. Admission is $25. This event is being supported by VVA Chapter 9. For more information see flyer.
"Thursday, June 18, 2015 (NEW)" The Disabled Veterans of America is hosting an all veterans career fair at Ford Field, 2000 Brush, Detroit, from 11AM till 3PM. There will be plenty of companies now hiring. For more info see flyer.
"Saturday, June 20, 2015" New Baltimore VFW Post 7573 is hosting their annual golf outing at Michigan Meadows, 4575 County Line Rd, Casco, with an 8AM shotgun start. Cost is $80 per person and includes 18 holes of golf, lunch, dinner, etc. For more info contact them at 586-557-4380.
"Saturday, June 20, 2015 (NEW)" Eastpointe Cruisin' Gratiot - at Michigan First Credit Union on Gratiot. Gathering of Veterans/Roush VIP program/USS Detroit Commissioning events Signup....from approximately 11am-7pm; attached is the ad appearing in the Program Book, for the USS Detroit
"Thursday, June 23, 2015" The Ann Arbor VA Hospital is hosting a Veterans Town Hall & Resource Fair at the U of M-Flint Campus, Kiva & Happenings Room, 303 E Kearsley St, Flint, from 6 to 9PM. For more info see flyer.And from our friends at the VFW:
- June 11th, Thursday 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. – VFW 2645 Southfield – "CLASSIC CAR SHOW". Come see the Classic Cars from the 50's & 60's. Light refreshments will be available for purchase. This is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, so invite your Family & Friends. VFW 2645 is located at 24222 W. Nine Mile Road in Southfield 48033.
- June 11th, Thursday 6:15 p.m. – VFW 4156 White Lake – "BINGO". VFW 4156 is located at 321 Union Lake Road in White Lake 48386. Pho.ne 248-698-8302.
- June 11th, Thursday 6:00 p.m. – Old Settlers VFW 4659 Shelby Twp. – "EUCHRE". Doors open at 6:00 p.m. Play starts at 7:00 p.m. Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Coney Dogs, French Fries and Chili available. Post 4659 is located at 8311 Wilson in Shelby Twp. 48316. Phone (586) 781-9109.
- June 12th, Friday 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. – VFW 7573 New Baltimore – "STEAK OUT". Includes New York Strip Steak, Baked Potato, Baked Beans, Salad, Rolls and Dessert for $12 per person. This is "OPEN TO THE PUBLIC", so invite your Family & Friends. Call 586-725-7100 for Reservations. Post 7573 is located at 35011 23 Mile Road in New Baltimore.
- June 12th, Friday 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. – Bruce Post 1146 St. Clair Shores – "CRUISING AT THE BRUCE". Classic Car Show. NO Entry Fee! NO Spectator Fee! Food Available for purchase. Bruce Post 1146 is located at 28404 Jefferson Avenue in St. Clair Shores. Just North of 11 Mile Road.
- June 12th, Friday 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. – VFW 1370 Pontiac – "Burger's- $4 w/ fries $5, Devil Dog- $3 w/ fries $4; bacon wrapped "Koegel" hot dog, beans, fresco cheese, and all the fixings including devil sauce, VFW 1370 is located at 791 Mae Court in Pontiac 48340. Phone (248) 858-9501.10. June 12th, Friday 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. – VFW 1669 Royal Oak – "KARAOKE IN THE CLUBROOM". Post 1669 is located at 214 E. 4th Street in Downtown Royal Oak, just 2 blocks East of Main Street. Phone (248) 541-9846.
- June 14th, Sunday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Bruce Post 1146 St. Clair Shores – "RANDY'S 5TH ANNUAL HOT RODS & HOT CAKES". ALL YOU CAN EAT Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser for $7. 6 & Under for $4. Car Registration from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Awards Presentation at 3:00 p.m. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC & FREE! No Charge for Admission. Bruce Post 1146 is located at 28404 Jefferson Avenue in St. Clair Shores. Just North of 11 Mile Road.
- June 14th, Sunday 4:00 p.m. – VFW 2645 Southfield – "FLAG DAY CEREMONY". Bring you Children & Grandchildren, so they can the proper way to dispose of our U.S. Flags. This is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! Post 2645 Southfield is located at 24222 W. 9 Mile Road in Southfield. Just 1 block West of Telegraph.
-- Tim Wirkus Volunteer Southfield Veterans' Commission email@example.com www.southfieldvets.org