#Veteran Events & Announcements 1/8 to 1/15
You can get a monthly view of events by going to:
You can also find many other veteran events & information for Veterans on the State of MI Veterans website & Detroit Public Televisions' new Veterans website:
"Volunteers needed at the VA Dingell Hospital" The Detroit VA Healthcare System is hosting the 2015 OEF-OIF Welcome Home Event on Saturday, February 7 from 8a – 1pm. As part of our mission to help returning service men and women as they transition, we are providing a Hiring Fair at the medical center. We have partnered with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, State of Michigan Veterans Affairs and Wayne County Veterans Services to sponsor the event. We are expecting over 75 employers will be on hand, including the Big Three. We asking for your help. Volunteers are needed for the event for greeters, navigators, concessions, registration among others. Two shifts available – 7A – 11a and 11a - 2pm. If you can volunteer for this event email Bill at the VA
"Fallen & Wounded Soldiers Fund Interview" The FWSF is an organization here in Michigan that assist veterans in fininacal need, many here in the tri-county area. The Hollywood Reporter recently interviewed a number of people about this program and can be seen at http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/see-interview-free-canton-mich-760526
"Thursday, January 15, 2015" The University of Detroit-Mercy School of Law is offering a free legal clinic at SS Peter & Paul Church, 438 St Antoine, Detroit, from 9 to 11AM. Today's help will focus on Tenant Rights. To register call Alesa at the Law School at 313-596-0258. See flyer for other upcoming clinics.
"Saturday, January 17, 2015" The American Legion Rider's Post 32 is hosting their 9th annual Polar Bear Steak Fry from 5 to 8PM at their post, located at 9318 Newburgh Rd, Livonia. Cost is $18, non dinner is $10. Includes 10oz New York Strip, baked patato, etc. For more information contact Debbie at 734-502-7274 or see flyer.
"Friday, January 23, 2015" Autumn Woods Health Care Facility is hosting a fund raiser for Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 154 at Sterling Lanes, 33200 Schoenherr Rd, Sterling Hgts, from 6 to 8PM. Admission at the door is $15 but $10 if paid in advance, which includes blowling, shoes, pop, & pizza. For more information contact Kim at 586-306-0976 or see flyer.
"Tuesday, January 27, 2015 (NEW)" Richmond VFW Post 6802 is hosting a Welcome Home & Thanks event at their post, 34339 Division, Richmond, from 6 to 7:30PM. A movie will be shown on the Paris Peace Accords in 1973. For more info call the post at 586-727-1436 of see flyer.
"Thursday, January 29, 2015 (NEW)" The Madison Hgts VFW, Post 9507, is hosting a Veterans Town Hall from 7 to 9PM at their post, 630 E 11Mile, Madison Hgts. The MI Department of Military & Veterans Affairs will be on hand to answer your questions. For more info call Sean at 248-850-8350 or see flyer.
"Friday, January 30, 2015" The U of M - Ann Arbor Student Veteran Association (SVA) is holding it's 6th annual Benefit Dinner the Washtenaw County Veterans Treatment Court. The keynote speaker will be Rep John Dingell. For more info see attached flyer and stay tuned here for more information.And from our friends at the VFW:
- January 8th, Thursday 6:15 p.m. – VFW 4156 White Lake – "BINGO". VFW 4156 is located at 321 Union Lake Road in White Lake 48386. Phone 248-698-8302.
- January 8th, Thursday 6:00 p.m. – Old Settlers VFW 4659 Shelby Twp. – "EUCHRE". Doors open at 6:00 p.m. Play starts at 7:00 p.m. Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Coney Dogs, French Fries and Chili available. Post 4659 is located at 8311 Wilson in Shelby Twp. 48316. Phone (586) 781-9109.
- January 9th, Friday 3:00 p.m. to Midnight – VFW 9507 Madison Heights – "Burger & Fries for $5.50". Karaoke from 9 p.m. to Midnight. $.75 for 12 oz. Draft Beer. $1.75 for 22 oz. Draft Beer. VFW 9507 is located at 630 E. 11 Mile Road in Madison Heights 48071. Phone (248) 543-2557.
- January 9th, Friday 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. – VFW 1370 Pontiac – "Burger's- $4 w/ fries $5, Devil Dog- $3 w/ fries $4; bacon wrapped "Koegel" hot dog, beans, fresco cheese, and all the fixings including devil sauce, VFW 1370 is located at 791 Mae Court in Pontiac 48340. Phone (248) 858-9501.8. January 9th, Friday 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. – VFW 1669 Royal Oak – "KARAOKE IN THE CLUBROOM". Post 1669 is located at 214 E. 4th Street in Downtown Royal Oak, just 2 blocks East of Main Street. Phone (248) 541-9846.9. January 9th, Friday 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. – VFW 1146 St. Clair Shores – "KARAOKE IN THE CLUBROOM". No Cover Charge! Bruce Post 1146 is located at 28404 Jefferson (N. of 11 Mile Road) in St. Clair Shores.
- January 11th, Sunday 6:15 p.m. – VFW 4156 White Lake – "BINGO". VFW 4156 is located at 321 Union Lake Road in White Lake 48386. Phone 248-698-8302.12. January 11th, 2014, Sunday 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. – VFW 1669 Royal Oak – "KARAOKE IN THE CLUBROOM". Post 1669 is located at 214 E. 4th Street in Downtown Royal Oak, just 2 blocks East of Main Street. Phone (248) 541-9846.
-- Tim Wirkus Volunteer Southfield Veterans' Commission email@example.com www.southfieldvets.org