Sales Associate Position - Seeking Veteran in Michigan
Setco Automotive was incorporated in 1982 and is a multi-national public company. We have 1000+ employees worldwide. We are the largest producer of commercial vehicle clutches in India with a large market share in the medium and heavy duty vehicles. We have quality certifications of TS 16949, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001. We supply to Fortune 500 marquee customers. We are the owners of the Lipe brand of clutches, and this entry level position requires some knowledge of truck parts.
Lipe clutch is an upgrade to all the OEM style clutches with the best performance, customer service and warranty terms in the industry.
We are looking for competitive, self-motivated individuals who have the drive to succeed and contribute to our next level of growth. This is a great entry-level position for someone eager to develop a long-term career in sales.
This position is responsible for knowledge of truck parts, preferably clutch, as well as developing new business and growing existing business.
- Cold call truck distributors and fleet maintenance managers
- Perform ride-outs with existing distributors and dealerships
- Conduct customer night-outs with distributors and dealerships
- Maintain strong relationships with existing accounts
- Develop sales strategies and tactics in assigned territories
- Meet or exceed sales targets assigned
- Perform other marketing tasks when required
Essential skills and experience required:
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- College degree or equivalent a plus.
- Experience in selling truck parts to the Class 6, 7, 8 markets (clutches preferred)
- Technical proficiency in clutches, transmissions and driveline preferred
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective time management
Setco Automotive (NA) Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.
Setco Automotive offers a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, 401k, vacations, life insurance, long term disability, and a pro-active leadership team that focuses on the staff's health and happiness.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, please submit a cover letter and resume.