Veteran Events & Announcements 7/24 to 7/31
You can get a monthly view of events by going to:
"Golf, Golf, & more Golf" It's that time of year when everyone is hosting a golf outing. To help you duffers pick the ones you like I am listing them here. Date, group hosting & where the golf takes place:
- "Saturday, August 2, 2014" Great Lakes National Cemetery in Lepeer. Flyer
- "Saturday, August 2, 2014" Pontiac VVA Chapter 133 at Highland Hills. Flyer.
- "Saturday, August 2, 2014 " Wayne State SVA in Novi. Flyer.
- "Friday, August 8, 2014" Marine Corps League at Selfridge. Flyer
- "Saturday, August 16, 2014" Garden City AM Legion in Dearborn Hgts. Flyer
- "Sunday, August 17, 2014" MI Women Marine Association at Selfridge. Flyer
- "Monday, August 18, 2014" Fallen & Wounded Soldiers Fund in South Lyon. Flyer.
- "Thursday, September 11, 2014" Fallen & Wounded Soldiers Fund in South Lyon. Flyer.
- "Sunday, September 14, 2014 " Macomb Homeless Coalition in Macomb. Flyer.
- "Saturday, September 20, 2014 " Pontiac VFW in Oakland Charter Twp. Flyer.
"Tiger Baseball Tickets" Active members and Veterans of the military are eligible to purchase half-price box office dynamically priced Upper Box Infield and Upper Reserved tickets to all 2014 Monday-Thursday regular season home games excluding July 8, 9 and August 26, 27 and 28. Tickets must be purchased at the Comerica Park Box Office and a valid military ID or Veteran ID must be presented at time of purchase. Service members may purchase a maximum of four (4) tickets per customer. This offer is based on availability. http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/det/community/saluteheroes.jsp
"Saturday, July 26, 2014" The Fallen & Wounded Soldiers Fund is holding a Live To Ride event which begins at 10AM at the 100 Proof Saloon, 207 N Hamilton, Saginaw and ends at the Sanford American Legion in Sanford. Rider fee is $20, passenger is $10, with all money supporting their fund to help veterans. For more information see attached flyer or their website.
"Saturday, July 26, 2014" Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 154, is hosting its annual Ride for Hospitalized Veterans, with a line up at 10AM at Wolverine Harley-Davision, 44660 Gratiot, Clinton Twp. Riders will then ride to the VA Hospital in Detroit. To run you must donate one item (see flyer) or pay $10. For complete info and a list of needed items call 586-776-9810 or see flyer.
"Saturday, July 26, 2014" Fowlerville will host their annual Armed Forces/Government Day Veterans Tribute at the Fowlerville Fairgrounds from Noon till 4PM. Many guest speakers will be attending. See flyer for complete info.
"Sunday, July 27, 2014" The Dearborn Allied War Veterans Council will be placing of a wreath to pay respect to those that died in the Korean War. Ceremony will take place at the Korean War Memorial outside of Dearborn City Hall, 13615 Michigan, Dearborn, starting at 10AM. A second ceremony will be held at the Living Korean War Memorial at the Ford CC, 15801 Michigan, at 10.45AM.
"Tuesday, July 29, 2014" Fred Waara Chapter Trout Unlimited is Partering with Vets with free Fly Casting Lessons, with all equipment provided, from 6:30 to 7:30PM, located at Lakenen Land near Marquette. For more information contact Phil at 906-249-9180 or see attached flyer.Sorry, nothing this week from my friends at the VFW!
-- Tim Wirkus Volunteer Southfield Veterans' Commission email@example.com www.southfieldvets.org