Veteran Events & Announcements 5/29 to 6/6
You can get a monthly view of events by going to:
"Golf, Golf, & more Golf" It's that time of year when everyone is hosting a golf outing. To help you duffers pick the ones you like I am listing them here. Date, group hosting & where the golf takes place:
- "Wednesday, June 4, 2014" State VFW in Grand Blanc. Flyer
- "Saturday, June 21, 2014 (NEW)" Troy VFW in Troy. Flyer.
- "Saturday, June 28, 2014" Chief Petty Officer Association at Selfridge. Flyer
- "Monday, July 14, 2014 (NEW)" Selfridge Air Show Group in Chesterfield Twp. Flyer.
- "Saturday, August 2, 2014" Great Lakes National Cemetery in Lepeer. Flyer
- "Saturday, August 2, 2014" Pontiac VVA Chapter 133 at Highland Hills. Flyer.
- "Friday, August 8, 2014" Marine Corps League at Selfridge. Flyer
- "Saturday, August 16, 2014" Garden City AM Legion in Dearborn Hgts. Flyer
- "Sunday, August 17, 2014" MI Women Marine Association at Selfridge. Flyer
"Warrior Veteran Ice Hockey" Michigan Warrior Hockey Program for disabled/wounded Veterans will be hosting a training clinic Tuesdays 7:30pm-8:50pm starting June 17 at Royal Oak Ice Arena. Free to all Veterans, leading up to skating competitively and charity/fundraiser events in the Fall. Contact General Manager Josh Krajewski at email@example.com or 313-461-3211 for more information.
"Tiger Baseball Tickets" Active members and Veterans of the military are eligible to purchase half-price box office dynamically priced Upper Box Infield and Upper Reserved tickets to all 2014 Monday-Thursday regular season home games excluding July 8, 9 and August 26, 27 and 28. Tickets must be purchased at the Comerica Park Box Office and a valid military ID or Veteran ID must be presented at time of purchase. Service members may purchase a maximum of four (4) tickets per customer. This offer is based on availability. http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/det/community/saluteheroes.jsp
"Friday, May 30, 2014" Fraser VFW Post 6691 is hosting a Reverse Raffle, with over $4000 is raffle prizes. Donation is $50 for a raffle ticket & dinner, $20 for extra person with you dinner. Dinner will start at 6:30 with raffle starting at 7:30. See flyer for more information.
"Saturday, May 31, 2014" The Disabled American Veterans is holding an informational seminar on benefits at the Robert Cox Chapter 129, located at 47326 Dequindre, Shelby Twp, from 1 to 3PM. For more information see flyer.
"Wednesday, June 4, 2014" The Yankee Air Museum, Willow Run Airport in Belleville, will be hosting Tim Burns, North American Rockwell, sharing his experiences on the F-86, the B-1, space shuttle, etc. This is a free event in their general purpose room, starting at 7:30PM.
"Wednesday, June 4, 2014" Richmond VFW Post 6802 is hosting the State VFW Convention Golf Outing at the Jewel of Grand Blanc Golf Course, 5270 Perry Rd, Grand Blanc, with a 9AM tee off time. $55 per golfer, $220 per team of 4, includes golf, cart, hot dogs, chips, etc. For more info contact them at 586-651-8228 or see attached flyer.And from our friends at the VFW:
- May 29th, Thursday 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. – VFW 2645 Southfield – "THURSDAY CAR CRUISES". Food, Fun and Music. 50/50 Raffles. Featuring a Little Bit of Classic Cars. For more information, contact J. Sutton at (313) 207-6689. Post 2645 is located 24222 W. 9 Mile Road in Southfield. Just West of Telegraph Road.
- May 29th, Thursday 6:15 p.m. – VFW 4156 White Lake – "BINGO". VFW 4156 is located at 321 Union Lake Road in White Lake 48386. Phone 248-698-8302.
- May 29th, Thursday 6:00 p.m. – Old Settlers VFW 4659 Shelby Twp. – "EUCHRE". Doors open at 6:00 p.m. Play starts at 7:00 p.m. Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Coney Dogs, French Fries and Chili available. Post 4659 is located at 8311 Wilson in Shelby Twp. 48316. Phone (586) 781-9109.
- May 30th, Friday 3:00 p.m. to Midnight – VFW 9507 Madison Heights – "Burger & Fries for $5.50". Karaoke from 9 p.m. to Midnight. $.75 for 12 oz. Draft Beer. $1.75 for 22 oz. Draft Beer. VFW 9507 is located at 630 E. 11 Mile Road in Madison Heights 48071. Phone (248) 543-2557.
- May 30th, Friday 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. – VFW 2645 Southfield. "FRIDAY NIGHT FISH FRY". COD Fish Dinner for $8, CATFISH or PERCH Dinner for $7.50, CHICKEN FINGER Dinner for $7.50, JUMBO SHRIMP Dinner for $9, WING DINGS & FRIES for $7, COMBO Dinners for $9.50, SANDWICHES for $5 and POUND CAKE per slice at $1.50. Sides include French-Fries, Cole Slaw, Spaghetti, and Macaroni & Cheese. Extra Sides $1.50. Extra Fish $2.50. Beverage is available. Dine In or Take Out. Call Ahead for Quicker Service at (248) 350-3529. Come out, bring your Friends, and Enjoy a Great Meal. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! Parking in rear of Post. Post 2645 is located at 24222 W. 9 Mile Road, just West of Telegraph in Southfield.
- May 30th, Friday 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. – VFW 1370 Pontiac – "Burger's- $4 w/ fries $5, Devil Dog- $3 w/ fries $4; bacon wrapped "Koegel" hot dog, VFW 1370 is located at 791 Mae Court in Pontiac 48340. Phone (248) 858-9501.
-- Tim Wirkus Volunteer Southfield Veterans' Commission firstname.lastname@example.org www.southfieldvets.org