Vet Events & Announcements 12/12 to 12/17
You can get a monthly view of events by going to:
"RV Needed to Rent" A long time supporter of Veterans, a vet himself, and Spartan Fan, and who has a son currently serving in Afghanistan, and who runs the TBI foundation in Brighton for veterans, would like to rent a RV or Class A so he and his family can make the Rose Bowl. If you have one that fits the bill please contact Rick Briggs at 810-908-1901.
"Oakland County Dog Parks for Free on Christmas Day" Oakland County P & R is opening 3 dog parks on Christmas Day for free: Lyon Oaks in Wixom; Orion Park in Lake Orion; and, Red Oaks in Madison Hgts, from 8AM till sunset.
"Saturday, December 14, 2013" Macomb County Commissioners Tocco & Miller are hosting their 7th annual Holiday Pancake Breakfast at the Fraser Lion's Club, 34540 Utica Rd, Fraiser, from 10AM till Noon. Admission is FREE by bringing a canned good or non-perishable food item for the VVA 154 Food Program. Financial donations also accepted! See attached for more information.
"Saturday, December 14, 2013" Wreaths Across America will be placing wreaths at the Great Lakes National Cemetery, Holly, starting at 10:30AM. Everyone is welcome to come and help with the wreaths. A formal ceremony will take place at noon.
"Saturday, December 14, 2013" The Navy League of the US and the Association of the US Navy & Friends of the Navy - Michigan, are hosting the 2nd annual "Battle of the Beasts - Mules vs Goats," the Army/Navy football game, from 2 to 4PM at the Hard Rock Cafe in Detroit, 45 Monroe St. Admission includes free parking in the Compuware Garage, admission to the Hard Rock, and a half-time luncheon. To attend just click on this link and fill out the form.
"Saturday, December 14, 2013 (NEW)" St Clair Shores VFW Post 1146, 28404 Jefferson, St Clair Shores, is hosting a "Christmas With the King," Elvis & Friends tribute show, staring Toby Keith, Johnny Cash, Brenda Lee, & The King, with doors opening at 6:30PM. Tickets are $20, or 2 for $35. Contact Tim at 586-713-1519 or see attached for more information.
"Sunday, December 15, 2013" Suits for Soldiers is hosting a Bowling Fundraiser at Merri-Bowl Lanes, 30950 Five Mile, Livonia, from 2 to 4PM, with registration starting at 1:15PM. Tickets are $25 ($20 for vets) which includes 2 hours of bowling, pizza, & pop. To learn more about Suits for Soldiers and about this event see attached flyer.
And from our friends at the VFW:
8. December 13th, Friday 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. - VFW 2645 Southfield - "FRIDAY FISH FRY". COD Fish Dinner $8, CATFISH or PERCH Dinner $7.50, CHICKEN FINGER Dinner $7.50, JUMBO SHRIMP Dinner $9, WING DINGS & FRIES $7, COMBO Dinners $9.50, SANDWICHES $5, POUND CAKE per slice $1.50. Sides include French-Fries, Cole Slaw, Spaghetti, and Macaroni & Cheese. Extra Sides $1.50. Extra Fish $2.50. Dine In or Take Out. Call Ahead for Quicker Service (248) 350-3529. Come out, bring your Friends, and Enjoy a Great Meal. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! Parking in rear of Post. Post 2645 is located at 24222 W. 9 Mile Road, just West of Telegraph in Southfield.
- December 13th, Friday 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. – VFW 1370 Pontiac – "Burger's- $4 w/ fries $5, Devil Dog- $3 w/ fries $4; bacon wrapped "Koegel" hot dog, beans, fresco cheese, and all the fixings including devil sauce, Steak Burrito - $4; steak, rice, bean, pico de gallo, and cheese - 2 pounder! $6, Boot Camp Burrito Challenge - 3 pound version of the regular steak burrito, loaded in devil sauce and extremely spicy. 1 out of 3 contestants have been able to complete the Ghost Chili Burrito challenge so far, the first to do it was a fellow U.S. Marine, Tom LaForge. $12 or free if you complete the challenge within 45 minutes. This is an open challenge, so any member or guest is welcome to try. WARNING: it is extremely spicy. To get a good look at the difficulty feel free to pull it up on YouTube under VFW 1370 1st Annual Boot camp Burrito Challenge." VFW 1370 is located at 791 Mae Court in Pontiac 48340. Phone (248) 858-9501.
- December 13th, Friday 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. – VFW 2358 Roseville. "Bingo with Linked – Progressive Jackpots" Doors Open at 4:30 p.m. Bingo starts at 6:30 p.m. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! VFW 2358 is located 25671 Gratiot in Roseville, just ½ block South of Frazho. Phone number is (586) 771-0173. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
- December 13th, Friday 9:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. – VFW 9507 Madison Heights. KARAOKE IN THE CLUBROOM!" No Cover Charge! VFW 9507 Madison Heights is located at 630 E. 11 Mile Road in Madison Heights 48071.
- December 14th, Saturday 7:00 p.m. – Bruce Post 1146 St. Clair Shores – "CHRISTMAS WITH ELVIS, TOBEY KEITH, JOHNNY CASH and BRENDA LEE". Tickets are $20 or 2/$35. Contact Tim Litz for tickets & information at (586) 713-1519. May bring in snacks. Cash Bar. 50/50 Drawing. Bruce Post 1146 is located at 28404 Jefferson in St. Clair Shores. Just North of 11 Mile Road on the Water Side.
- December 15th, Sunday 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. – VFW 9507 Madison Heights – "CHRISTMAS BAKE SALE". Sponsored by Post 9507 Ladies Auxiliary. VFW 9507 Madison Heights is located at 630 E. 11 Mile Road in Madison Heights 48071.
- December 15th, Sunday 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. – VFW 9507 Madison Heights – "CHILDREN'S CHRISTMAS PARTY". Sponsored by Post 9507 Ladies Auxiliary. VFW 9507 Madison Heights is located at 630 E. 11 Mile Road in Madison Heights 48071.
- December 15th, Sunday 6:15 p.m. – VFW 4156 White Lake – "BINGO". OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! VFW 4156 is located at 321 Union Lake Road in White Lake 48386. Phone 248-698-8302.
-- Tim Wirkus Volunteer Southfield Veterans' Commission firstname.lastname@example.org www.southfieldvets.org