You can get a monthly view of events by going to:
Next email on the 3rd! Going to lie on the beach for a week!
"Golf, Golf, & more Golf" It's that time of year when everyone is hosting a golf outing. This week I added 1 new one! To help you duffers pick the ones you like I am listing them here. Date, group hosting & where the golf takes place:
- "Friday, June 20, 2014" State VFW in Newaygo. Flyer.
- "Saturday, June 21, 2014" Troy VFW in Troy. Flyer.
- "Saturday, June 28, 2014" Chief Petty Officer Association at Selfridge. Flyer
- "Saturday, June 28, 2014" Westland Veterans Association in Canton. Flyer.
- "Monday, July 14, 2014" Selfridge Air Show Group in Chesterfield Twp. Flyer.
- "Sunday, July 20, 2014 (NEW)" Vet Treatment Courts in Oxford. Flyer.
- "Saturday, August 2, 2014" Great Lakes National Cemetery in Lepeer. Flyer
- "Saturday, August 2, 2014" Pontiac VVA Chapter 133 at Highland Hills. Flyer.
- "Friday, August 8, 2014" Marine Corps League at Selfridge. Flyer
- "Saturday, August 16, 2014" Garden City AM Legion in Dearborn Hgts. Flyer
- "Sunday, August 17, 2014" MI Women Marine Association at Selfridge. Flyer
- "Monday, August 18, 2014" Fallen & Wounded Soldiers Fund in South Lyon. Flyer.
- "Thursday, September 11, 2014" Fallen & Wounded Soldiers Fund in South Lyon. Flyer.
"Free Legal Services for Vets" Many veterans don't know that they can get a free attorney to help them appeal a veterans benefits claim denial at the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. The Veterans Consortium Pro Bono Program (http://www.vetsprobono.org/) is a nonprofit organization that provides free attorneys to any veteran or survivor with a viable case for benefits at the court. For more info you can also contact Ami Neiberger-Miller at ami@steppingstoneLLC.com
"Tiger Baseball Tickets" Active members and Veterans of the military are eligible to purchase half-price box office dynamically priced Upper Box Infield and Upper Reserved tickets to all 2014 Monday-Thursday regular season home games excluding July 8, 9 and August 26, 27 and 28. Tickets must be purchased at the Comerica Park Box Office and a valid military ID or Veteran ID must be presented at time of purchase. Service members may purchase a maximum of four (4) tickets per customer. This offer is based on availability. http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/det/community/saluteheroes.jsp
"Friday, June 20, 2014" The State VFW is holding its 8th annual Camp Trotter for Children Golf Outing at the Village Green Golf Course, 8130 Bingham Ave, Newaygo, with a 9AM shotgun start. Cost is $60 per person, $240 per team, and includes 18 holes of golf, cart, lunch, steak dinner, door prizes. For more information contact Ernie at 517-490-1221 or see flyer.
"Friday, June 20, 2014" Riders For A Cause (supporting the Fallen and Wounded Soldiers Fund) will host their annual Charity Run, BikeFest' 14, starting with a 10AM departure from KUKA, 6600 Center Dr, Sterling Hgts. Registration deadline is June 13th. Destination is the Detroit Pub in Mt. Clemens. For more info call Bob at 586-344-3528 or see attached flyer.
"Saturday, June 21, 2014" The War Dog Cemetery will be holding funerals for two police K-9 dogs starting at noon, located at 11 Mile & Milford Rd. Police Honor Guard, Patriot Riders, etc., are just some of the groups that will be on hand.
"Saturday, June 21, 2014" State Senator Colbeck will be hosting a forum "Serving Those that Have Served Us" at the Northville AM Legion Post 147, 100 W Dunlap, Northville, from 2 to 5PM. All are welcome to attend. See flyer for more details.
"Saturday, June 21, 2014" Southfield VFW Post 2645 is hosting its 8th annual neighbor garage sale from 9AM to 5PM in the parking lot, 24222 W 9 Mile, Southfield. Bring your items, crafts, hobies, etc. $15 per space, $5 per table. See flyer for complete information.
"Saturday, June 21, 2014" The Troy VFW Post 4037 is hosting its first annual golf outing at the Somerset Park Golf Course. For $30 you play 9 holes, which includes cart. For more info contact Gunny at 248-515-5883 or see attached flyer.
"Sunday, June 22, 2014" The Montford Point Marine Association will host its annual Heritage Military Banquet at the Shiners Silver Garden, 24350 Southfield Rd, Southfield. Featured speaker is former New York City Mayor David Dinkins, along with US Ambassador Theodore Britton. Dress attire. For more information contact Robert at 313-300-0165 or see attached flyer.
"Friday, June 27, 2014" The Vietnam Veterans of America will hold its state convention for 3 days at the Double Tree by Hilton, Southfield Rd & Ford Rd, Detroit.
"Friday, June 27, 2014 (NEW)" Neighborhood Legal Services & the VA Justice department will hold a seminar on Assistance for Homeless Veterans - Removing barriers to housing & on child support, expungements, tickets, etc. This will be held at the John Dingell VA Hospital, Room B1290 (Red Area) from 9AM till Noon. Seating is limited so contact the outreach program at 313-576-1000, ext 65537. See flyer for more information.
"Saturday, June 28, 2014" The Westland Veterans Association is hosting a golf outing at Fellows Creek Golf Club, 2936 Lotz Rd, Canton, with a shotgun start at 8AM. Cost is $100 per person and includes a free golf club, dinner, etc. For more info call Ken at 734-716-3432 or see attached flyer.
"Saturday, June 28, 2014" The Selfridge Chief Petty Officers Association (CPOA) is hosting their 44th annual golf outing at Hickory Hollow Golf Course at Selfridge. 7AM checkin, 8AM shotgun start. Golf & dinner is $70, dinner only is $15. Contact Walt at 586-231-0265 or see attached for more information.
"Sunday, June 29, 2014" The North Wall Riders is holding their 18th annual Run to the North Wall in Windsor, to honor the Canadians that died in Vietnam with the Americans. Staging takes place at Noon at Royal Canadian Legion Hall, 5030 Howard Ave., Tecumseh. Ends with a dinner in Windsor. For more information contact the riders at 519-256-6797 or see flyer.And from our friends at the VFW:
- June 19th, Thursday 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. – VFW 2645 Southfield – "THURSDAY CAR CRUISES". Food, Fun and Music. 50/50 Raffles. Featuring a Little Bit of Classic Cars. For more information, contact J. Sutton at (313) 207-6689. Post 2645 is located 24222 W. 9 Mile Road in Southfield. Just West of Telegraph Road.
- June 19th, Thursday 6:15 p.m. – VFW 4156 White Lake – "BINGO". VFW 4156 is located at 321 Union Lake Road in White Lake 48386. Phone 248-698-8302.
- June 19th, Thursday 6:00 p.m. – Old Settlers VFW 4659 Shelby Twp. – "EUCHRE". Doors open at 6:00 p.m. Play starts at 7:00 p.m. Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Coney Dogs, French Fries and Chili available. Post 4659 is located at 8311 Wilson in Shelby Twp. 48316. Phone (586) 781-9109.
- June 20th, Friday 8:00 a.m. – "GOLF OUTING at CAMP TROTTER for CHILDREN". Registration at 8:00 a.m. Shotgun Start at 9:00 a.m. $60 Per Person / $240 Per Team. Includes 18 Hole with Cart, Lunch at the Turn, Grilled Steak Dinner, 4 person scramble, Team Placement Prizes and Door Prizes. Questions? Contact Ernie Meyers, Sr. at (517) 490-1221. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 20th, Friday 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. – "Old Settlers" VFW 4659 Shelby Twp. – "FRIDAY NIGHT DINNER". Loaded Chicken Alfredo Dinner for $8. Shrimp Dinner for $8. Post 4659 is located at 8311 Wilson in Shelby Twp. 48316. Phone (586) 781-9109.
- June 20th, Friday 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – VFW 7573 New Baltimore – "STEAK OUT". Grill a delicious New York Strip Steak or Chicken Breast. Includes baked potato, baked beans, salad, roll & butter and dessert for Just $12.00. Post 7573 is located at 35011 23 Mile Road in New Baltimore. Phone 586-725-7100.7. June 20th =, Friday 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. – VFW 1669 Royal Oak – "LAST BURGER & FRIES for $5.50". Happy Hour from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! Tell your Family & Friends. Post 1669 is located at 214 E. 4th Street in Downtown Royal Oak, just 2 blocks East of Main Street. Phone (248) 541-9846.
- June 20th, Friday - VFW 2645 Southfield - 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. "FRIDAY FISH FRY". COD Fish Dinner $8, CATFISH or PERCH Dinner $7.50, CHICKEN FINGER Dinner $7.50, JUMBO SHRIMP Dinner $9, WING DINGS & FRIES $7, COMBO Dinners $9.50, SANDWICHES $5, POUND CAKE per slice $1.50. Sides include French-Fries, Cole Slaw, Spaghetti, and Macaroni & Cheese. Extra Sides $1.50. Extra Fish $2.50. Dine In or Take Out. Call Ahead for Quicker Service (248) 350-3529. Come out, bring your Friends, and Enjoy a Great Meal. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! Parking in rear of Post. Post 2645 is located at 24222 W. 9 Mile Road, just West of Telegraph in Southfield.
- June 20th, Friday 3:00 p.m. to Midnight – VFW 9507 Madison Heights – "Burger & Fries for $5.50". Karaoke from 9 p.m. to Midnight. $.75 for 12 oz. Draft Beer. $1.75 for 22 oz. Draft Beer. VFW 9507 is located at 630 E. 11 Mile Road in Madison Heights 48071. Phone (248) 543-2557.
- June 20th, Friday 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. – VFW 1370 Pontiac – "Burger's- $4 w/ fries $5, Devil Dog- $3 w/ fries $4; bacon wrapped "Koegel" hot dog, beans, fresco cheese, and all the fixings including devil sauce, VFW 1370 is located at 791 Mae Court in Pontiac 48340. Phone (248) 858-9501.
- June 21st, Saturday 9:00 a.m. – "VETERANS TRAINING CLASS at CAMP TROTTER for CHILDREN". Cost is $30 per person. Contact Department of Michigan VFW at (517) 485-9456.
- June 21st, Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. – VFW 2645 Southfield Parking Lot – "8th ANNUAL BENEFIT GARAGE SALE". Bring your Garage Sale Items, Crafs, Hobbies, Organization Information, etc. Rent a Space and Sell Your Items in our Parking Lot for $15 Per Space. Limited number of 3' X 8' Tables Available for an additional $5 per table. Sponsored by the Ladies Auxiliary to the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2645. For Space/Table Rental information and to reserve your Spot, Contact: Donna @ 248-357-5151.
- June 22nd, Sunday 6:15 p.m. – VFW 4156 White Lake – "BINGO". VFW 4156 is located at 321 Union Lake Road in White Lake 48386. Phone 248-698-8302.
- June 23rd, Monday 6:15 p.m. – Bruce Post 1146 St. Clair Shores – "MONDAY CAR SHOW & BINGO". Doors Open at 5:00 p.m. Bingo starts at 6:15 p.m. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! Sponsored by Dad Club #193. BRUCE POST 1146 is located at 28404 Jefferson Avenue in St. Clair Shores. Just North of 11 Mile Road.
-- Tim Wirkus Volunteer Southfield Veterans' Commission email@example.com www.southfieldvets.org